Sunday, February 19, 2012

Thursday- Physical DeClutter

My mom, sisters (5 of us) and sweet SIL were all here for the weekend to surprise the youngest sister for her 30th birthday with a weekend at a condo in the mountains. We did lots of eating, shopping and relaxing. It was so much fun. I LOVE being with all of them, not to mention 3 of them have cute new babies.

Since out of town, you would think I wouldn't get my workout in, huh? Well, that was not possible when my roommate happened to be the sister who is married to my "long distant BIL trainer". Instead of sleeping in, she woke me up and "encouraged" me to go work out with her in the hotel fitness center. I really wanted to stay in bed with her 5 month old son and cuddle. BUT, it was worth it. I did a good 30 minutes of walking/jogging on the treadmill. It felt good. Thanks sis.....

So, what do you do if you are away from home and your hotel does not have a fitness center. Here are some ideas....

1-Take a brisk walk around the neighborhood or at the local mall. Just make sure you know where you're going and take any necessary safety precautions before venturing into unfamiliar neighborhoods.
2-Some hotels offer trail maps of their property or the surrounding area. You may want to try a running trail or a hike if weather permits.
3-Check to see if your hotel or local merchant offers outdoor bike rentals and a bike route.
4-Try jogging up and down the stairwell inside the hotel.
5-Use the hotel pool to swim laps, or if your hotel has access to a lake or ocean, take advantage of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment