Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tuesday- Temporal DeClutter

I think Oprah has been reading my Blog. I'm serious. Have you ever watched the OWN network? It's Oprah's Network and she has some AMAZING shows on there. Some of them include Extreme Clutter, America's Money Class with Suze Orman, Home Made Simple, Addicted to Food, Super Soul Sunday.....are you sensing a theme here? These shows cover ALL the topics I am covering on my blog. Cool huh? I watched Extreme Clutter the other night and thought I would share Peter Walsh's 10 Easy Ways you can De-clutter your home and life. No better way to start the New Year than by De-Cluttering!!

How to Keep Your House Clutter-Free
Tackle messes one room at a time.
When you buy something new, practice the "in-out rule:" For every one new item, get rid of an old one.
Create intimacy in the master bedroom. Remember that improvements in one room can spread to the rest of the house.
Make cleaning up fun for your kids.
Create a vision for the room you're cleaning.
Teach your kids how to sort.
Use a hanger system to determine which clothes you wear most.
Ask yourself if you really need something. If you hesitate, you don't.
Establish a "magic triangle" in your kitchen between the stove, refrigerator and the sink. Keep the items you use most in that area.
Identify useful utensils with the cardboard box test.

Read more at www.oprah.com or better yet, check your local listings for the OWN network and we can discuss the shows as they relate to my daily posts. FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment