Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday- Temporal DeClutter

I had a "mini" anxiety breakdown over the weekend and this is why....4-5 days out of the week, I am a single mother. My amazing husband works 50-60 hours a week (when Overtime is available) to provide EVERYTHING for us. I am very THANKFUL for his sacrifice and hard work. I LOVE being able to stay home with my kids. The flip side is that I am left with the mother-load list. Do you know what that is? Do you have one of those too?

These are the things that are ALWAYS on my mind....constantly spinning around in my head to get done or work on. And at the same time I am supposed to be happy and excited to wake up every day, OH, and look good too!! Right! My kids are getting older, 13, 11 and 8 year old twins, so it's not as physical as toddlers but way more emotional now. And, get ready to hand over the money...there is ALWAYS something else they "NEED". Here is "some" of my mother-load list..I'm sure I will think of more after I post......

Pay Bills-on time
Budget
Grocery Shop- we never have "good" snacks
Laundry- always ends up on my bed
Cook- not often
Clean House- why don't they follow my chore chart?
Keep Organized- I'm good at this
Taxi Driver to
Church Activities
School Play Practice
Scouts
Cheer
Voice lessons
Dance
Play Dates
Sports (depending on season)
Have Family Night/Scripture Study/Prayer Time
Date night with Hubby???
Dentist/Dr Appts current
Teenage Drama Counselor- my worst nightmare
Homework/Reading- Every night with 4 kids
School Project Due Dates
Parent Teacher Conferences
School Surveys...I think I have done 5 this week
Writing Check after Check for something at school
Church Meetings and Visits
Orchestra Concerts
Dance/Cheer Performances
Sporting Events
Birthdays- their own and then friends
Keep Part time job with Airline for Travel Benefits and Play Money
Couponing
Keep Baby Books/Scrapbooks for Kids-Memories
Exercise
Time for me- what's this?
Keep Kids on Routine/Consistent Schedule
BedTime...worst time of day huh?
Discipline- I'm the Bad guy
Holidays....Halloween/Christmas/Easter etc
I can go ON and ON and ON and ON and ON.....................

Is it possible to De-Clutter my Mother-Load List??

I found a cute post on http://simplemom.net. Here is how she breaks her Mother-Load list down...

For my sanity, for my clarity, for my goal-oriented self, I’ve employed the concept of Most Important Tasks.

My MITs are my top three things I want to accomplish that day. If nothing else gets done, I’d say my day was a success if those three things happen. They usually pertain to my home management job, but often they focus on a personal habit I’m working on. For example, my MITs today are:

1. Read my Bible for 15 minutes.
2. Wash, dry, fold, and put up one load of laundry.
3. Spend quality time with my husband and kiddos.

The first task is personal and aimed towards a habit. The second item is purely home management. And the third one is important for the relationships that matter most to me. We need some good together time.

I’ll focus on these three things, knowing I’ve got much more to do than just these. But now that I’m focusing my energy on these three things, I’ll feel really accomplished when they happen. When I finish these things and get some other things checked off on my day’s to-do list, then that’s an added bonus. What a great day!

Thanks SimpleMom.net, I LOVE this concept and am going to try to implement it into my daily routine......MIT's. Also...HAD to share this Video.....LOVE IT!

1 comment:

  1. It's like you take what's floating around in my brain and write it all down for me! :) love this post. I'm going to try the MIT's for myself, let's see how tomorrow goes!

    ReplyDelete